Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day After Christmas At George's

George, a coworker who helps take care of the pool, fields, and courts, invited me to eat and send the afternoon with his family and friends the day after Christmas. Very enjoyable. I was picked up at the front gate to the college at 11:30 and returned to my appartment at 19:00.

George is seated to the left of me and the individual to the right is Appopoulos (sp) at 75 year old retired professor of matematics. He has written 80 tomes (books) and is very well known and respected in at least the Greek scientific community. He is also quite the philosopher. He did not speak english so those who did interpreted for me. George's 12 year old daughter, seated at the furthest to the right of the picture, was very good with her english. Other english speakers included the women dead center and the man to her left as we look at the picture. Of course George was fairly fluent in english. Once Again the Greeks out did themselves with a wonderful meal. The boar had cooked all night. George claims to have shot it. He fits right in with Arthur and me. When I left they sent me home with some cookies.

George had previously explained Oliver's condition to these folks and they all expressed concern and let me know their entire church is praying for him. Just before I left George got a call from his father who is seat far right in the photo and had left a little earlier
asking George to come take him to the hospital. Apparently he is diabetic and does not watch is diet too well. George dropped me off on his way to his fathers which is about one to two kilometers from my residence.
I hope you all had a good Christmas and are ready for the New Years festivities.

2 comments:

Eva's Mom said...

glad to see you in such good company

Josh & Teddie said...

good to see you enjoying the holidays!