Sunday, February 8, 2009

Emotions can turn on a Dime

Today my talk at sacrament was well received as were the baby back ribs I brought for the pot luck we have every 2nd Sunday after church. The walk back to the bus was nice as the sun was out weather warm with a slight breeze. I was feeling good. After arriving home to my appartment I received some news which struck me like a knife to the heart. It took a little while for the full impact of the potential situation to sink in. I heard myself say over the next two hours how tired I felt about 10 or more times. Emotionally I had gone from a very warm feeling to the depths of despair. I then determined to take a walk to the top or near the top of the mountain/hill behind the College. (pictures below). The fresh crispt air any beauty of the scenery helped me realize there is someone that I can always rely on. However I heard the word tired a few more times. After comming down from the mountain (not like Moses) I went to my office and attended to a few pool matters before turning on the computer and catching some family blogs. Seeing everyone and hearing their reports as well as shenanigans always makes me smile. The situation still exsits and I will find out more about it latter. But I feel a little better for a while. I am sure my sleep will not be heavy tonight and my knees may get quite sore over the next little bit.

To all who know me don't bother to try and pry anything out of me if you want me to continue to be open about my feelings in future blogs. Just accept what you read and know if I needed and wanted your help I will ask for it. Get ready to manthe phones and Kattie bar the door.

You may want to enlarge the photos to get the full impact. I find this city and Greece in general most inviting for some reason.

Check out the Olympic statium dead center.

Walking up hill into the sun. this is a spot Laurie & I walked to last time she was here.

Looking out from the look-out.


Looking towards the Acropolis and into the sun.


Headed back down.

Heres that look-out tower from the other side. A little more inviting.


And the walk is ending as the moon is rising. All in all a very worth while endevor, thank you.
And now for some quailty time in the sauna in preparation for the party!






3 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

hmph, well no prying here.....we'll see you soon enough to do all of that! Glad your talk went over well, it read nicely. We love you.

Eva's Mom said...

Hey, how come I haven't gotten to read your talk? Ship a copy, Old Man...or you'll have one hot and bothered mama to deal with.

Waterspout said...

Scroll lower on the blog page. I guess you haven't been keeping up on your blog assignments. I have a hard time with them also.

The Old Man