Saturday, February 21, 2009

New sidewalks for me to walk to work

The last few weeks I have had the sounds of jackhammers and contruction men with the Greek language spewing from their mouths every day but Sunday. However, the workmen were not as loud as one of the vendors at the street market on Monday mornings.


They do a good job of clean up. Although, some times it's the lone Worker. This time female. Interestingly each street seems to have a street cleaner who uses broom & rake to keep the streets clean in Aghia Paraskevi, also interestingly I have only seen females performing this work.


I caught one of the workers do'n a little detail'n as I walk to work this Saturday. Mighty fine work indeed.


The finished product is smart indeed. As nice of work as I have seen anywhere and right in front of my appartment.


Yes, it doesn't come much better than in the above photo and the one below show the path as it extends upward towards Ay. Ioannis, the main street to our village and the one which leads from the college to Messigion, the main road to the city center.


The Greeks are very good husbandmen, arborist, they have already begun trim'n the trees. They leave the limbs pile on the side walks for the garbage, rubbish, trash collecters. This is, how shall I say a sign that spring is right around the corner. That almpost sounds scriptural and the feeling is very spiritual.

Enough for now. If you want the real feeling you have to come and visit. As Martha and Melisa use to say, "If you wantta know, you gotta go," when talking about what happens on the GSU SCUBA trips.
The Old Man sign'n off yet another exciting tour of my village.






4 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

those sidewalks are beautiful, can't wait to walk on them! That however is alot of branches!

Eva's Mom said...

I gotta go! I gotta go! Oh, wait, you meant go to Greece. :)

Waterspout said...

Always one difficult one, oh two, maybe three or four in every group!

The Old Man

LaLee said...

Only a visitor who has tripped on raised concrete and had to circle around poles can really appreciate how beautiful and wondrous those sidewalks are, just in time for Theo's stroller!